Catch Me If You Can!
Description: Robots are required to stay within a closed course and catch another robot by touching it.
Please register your robot now using the form at the bottom of this page!
- Robots should be pre-built offsite before the event.
- Robots must be 100% LEGO (except for batteries; LEGO battery boxes required)
- Robots must be motorized. Robots must be either remotely controlled via Power Functions or autonomous with an NXT. Robots cannot have any wires that would hinder, touch or affect the performance of the other robot.
- The field will be a 8’ x 4’ white surface. The field will be comprised of a black line on this white surface. The black line will be a closed loop such that a NXT robot can use a light sensor to track and follow the course.
- The field will have an outer boundary of objects along the course that can be knocked over if a vehicle goes out of bounds. These outer boundary objects will be at a minimum distance of 6 inches from the center of the black line.
- Two robots will compete at one time during a match.
- Robots must be behind their own starting line to start the race. The starting lines will be an equal distance for both robots.
- Match assignments will be determined by Badges (or other identifying token) being randomly selected.
- Robots will attempt to catch the other robot while staying on the course.
- If a robot does catch the other robot they win.
- If an outer boundary object is knocked down, the robot that cause the object to fall is disqualified.
- The winner of each match moves onto the next round.
- Be the last robot remaining after all the rounds of matches.