Quest for My Precioussss
Description: Enter the maze and search for the sword and the ring, but don’t get caught by the wraiths or Shelob.
Please register your robot using the sign-up form at the bottom of this page!
- Robots should be pre-built offsite before the event.
- Robots must be 100% LEGO (except for batteries; LEGO battery boxes required)
- Robots must be motorized. Robots must be remotely controlled via Power Functions. Robots cannot have any wires that would hinder, touch or affect the performance of the other robot.
- The field will be a 8’ x 4’ surface with a boundary around this surface.
- The field will be comprised of various objects in a maze format that you will need to maneuver around to get to your destination.
- Your robot will need to be able to retrieve a sword and / or a ring for points.
- The path in the maze is 11 inches wide.
- Two robots will compete at one time during a match.
- Robots must be within their base at the start of the quest.
- Match assignments will be determined by Badges (or other identifying token) being randomly selected.
- Complete the maze within the designated time frame or less, while trying to grab the ring and the sword.
- You will receive 5 points for retrieving the sword and 5 points for retrieving the ring. If you make it back to your base with both objects you will receive 10 bonus points.
- You may also try to capture your opponents ring for an extra 5 points.
- If you make it back to base with time to spare you will receive 1 point extra for each second.
- The winner of each match moves onto the next round.
- Be the last robot remaining after all the rounds of matches.