Description: Dirty Brickster is a white elephant-style gift exchange.
Please bring a (lego-related) wrapped gift. The nominal value of the gifts to be exchanged is $20.
- Each person who brings a gift for the exchange is assigned a random number indicating the order in which they select a gift.
- The first person selects a gift from the gift pile and unwraps that gift.
- The second person may either select a wrapped gift to unwrap or “steal” the gift the first person.
- The third person may either select a wrapped gift or steal an opened gift
- The game proceeds through the remainder of the players using the rules for player 3.
- If a player has a gift stolen from them, he may either select an wrapped gift to unwrap or steal another gift. He may NOT steal back a gift from the person who just stole a gift from him.
- However, three or more way steals may result in a player ending up with his original gift.
- Once a gift has been stolen twice, it is locked and may not be stolen again (see exception).
- Once all players have unwrapped all the gifts, the first player may elect to steal any gift including those that are are locked.
- Parents are encouraged to play in addition to any minors they may be accompanying.
- If more than 20 players are present for any one session of Dirty Brickster, the game moderator may choose to split the group into two smaller groups to speed play.